Google to invest $450M in smart home security solutions provider ADT
is investing $450 million in ADT to acquire a 6.6% stake in the Florida-headquartered firm that provides security and smart home solutions, the two said today.
As part of the long-term investment, the two companies will work on next generation smart home security offerings, they said . Google will integrate its Nest hardware and services with ADT’s do-it-yourself and professionally installed smart home security solutions to better serve individual consumers and small businesses, they said.
“The partnership will combineaward-winning hardware and services, powered by Google’s machine learning technology, with ADT’s installation, service and professional monitoring network to create a more helpful smart home and integrated experience for customers across the United States,” ADT wrote in a blog post.
ADT’s shares soared 38% in the pre-market trading on the announcement.
“We’re excited to partner with ADT to further our mission of building helpful devices for the home,” said Rishi Chandra, GM and Vice President of Nest, in a statement. “ADT is a leader in smart home security, and I look forward to working with the team to create innovative smart home security solutions that help everyone feel safe and protected.”
More to follow…
- Qualified raises $12M make websites smarter about sales and marketing
- Intercom hires a CFO as it ramps towards an IPO
- Mobile bank Current launches a points rewards program for debit card users
- Twitter warns investors of possible fine from FTC consent order probe
- Grab launches new consumer financial services, including micro-investments and loans
- What Microsoft should demand in exchange for its “payment” to the U.S. government for TikTok
- Trump calls TikTok a hot brand, demands a chunk of its sale price
- SaaS securitization will disrupt VC’s biggest returns this coming decade
- The essential revenue software stack
- Google signs up six more partners for its digital banking platform coming to Google Pay
- Amid pandemic, returning to offices remains an open question for tech leaders
- Is the 2020 SPAC boom an echo of the 2017 ICO craze?
- Mobile banking startup Varo is becoming a real bank
- OneKey makes it easier to work without a desktop by integrating apps into mobile keyboards
- Chinese internet users brand ByteDance CEO a ‘traitor’ as TikTok seeks US buyer
- Google to invest $450M in smart home security solutions provider ADT
- Pompeo says U.S. may take action against TikTok and other Chinese tech companies “shortly”
- SpaceX and NASA successfully return Crew Dragon spacecraft to Earth with astronauts on board
- Future Fields is tackling cultured meat’s biggest problem
- The Station: ADA turns 30, Panasonic’s new battery tech and delivery (data) woes